Windows media player is the default multimedia tool in all versions to play music and video.
It comes with new features from one version of the Windows operating system to another.
The new features mean that it is far more functional than any of the previous versions. The set of new features equally also indicates more complexity of the Player.
How to Get Help With windows media player in windows 10
If you are new to Windows 10, you may experience confusion about the program. This is why this write-up is put together. You will receive help on this new version. The information here will also enlighten you on how to use it.
How to download
The downloading process of Windows 10 player is very easy.
The program will also not require too much space on your device. You do not need much help.
You need to double-click the icon to download this version of the program.
You can find in the taskbar or start menu of your desktop.
Anytime you run the player on your computer, it will sort through all the stash of digital items on your computer, including videos, pictures, and music. Then, the program will catalog all the digital items it finds on the computer. The program may miss out on some of the media files on your computer.
You can add the files you missed to the windows player library by telling the program where it can find the missing files.
Bear in mind that the Media player is only capable of playing OneDrive files if you sync the program to the PC; this is unlike the Music app. Windows player is unable to play any music file available only on OneDrive via the internet.
To add missing digital files to Windows Player, you can follow the steps below:
- Click the Organize button.
- Select Manage Libraries, which you can find on the drop-down menu. A pop-to menu will then come up.
- You will find the types of media TV, music, videos and pictures.
- You can then select the type of files that are missing.
- A window will come up that lists all the folders you are monitoring. The Windows Player focuses on monitoring the contents of your digital files. As a result, any item you add to the folder containing digital files will automatically show in the Windows Media Library.
- If your computer stores the items elsewhere, anyway, maybe on a public folder, network location or flash drive, you will need to give the desired direction to that media stash.
- After that, you should click the Add button and then select the particular drive or folder that contains your files.
- Then click on Include Folder button and click on Ok. They Include Folder window will come up on the screen.
- Now go to the folder that you want to add and click the Include Folder button. After that, iot will start monitoring the digital contents of that folder.
The program will show you all the media it has recently collected each time you run it.
The program will continue stocking its library via any of the methods below:
- Adding played items: each time you play a music file from the internet or directly on your computer, it will add the internet location of that song or the song itself to its library. As a result, you can easily find it later to play again. The program will not add any song you have played recently if such files are stored in other people’s PCs, memory cards, or USB flash drives.
- Monitoring your digital folders: The player will monitor your videos, pictures and music folders, including any other location that you add. It will update its library each time you decide to remove or add a file from your folders.
- Downloaded music: After placing a song you have bought in the music folder, the player will stock its library with this recent song.
- Music from a CD: Windows may help you to rip a music CD after inserting it in your dirve; that is, help you to copy the music in the CD to your computer system.
- The music you have ripped will appear in your Media Player. Bear in mind that it will not copy DVD movies to the library. It also does not play the discs.
It never comes with an advanced editor to change the tags on a song. It will get them edited for you from an online database.
How to play DVD with Windows Media
You can use the Windows 10 version to play DVD. You will require an MPEG-2 decoder with the ability to decode DVD video and it is equally compatible with WMP.
Versions 8 and 8.1 can only play DVDs in WMP but Windows 10 does not come with this limitation, which makes it a far better version of this program.
However, Windows Media Player in Windows 10 does not come with DVD playback ability in WMP. You can also not fix this issue even if you install additional codecs.
If your WMV HD video slows down while playing and does not produce sound, it may be because of the filters you might have downloaded on your PC.
You can uninstall or download the filters to correct this issue. Some of the filters are highlighted below:
- Matrix Mixer
- Morgan Multimedia Stream Switcher
Your computer may also respond very slowly when you are looking for certain WMV videos on the Media Player.
This is not a codecs problem. The player has a limitation related to the container format. You can remux the video into a different container format to correct this issue. You can do the rimuxing using MkvToolnix, which is a free tool.