Help With Color Management in Windows 10
A lot of things need to be considered when choosing the right colors for your painting works. You need to apply the right color profile so that the final work can look excellent. If your monitor has the accurate colors representation, it will make your work to look professional and clean.
This is very important for those involved in various professions like game building, animation, video professionals and photography. The final work may not look like those of other designers, but it should look professional no matter what. If you use the right colors everything will be fine and your work can take on a professional look, as well as, look as natural as it can ever get.
Color management in Windows 10 is about choosing the right color profiles for your images and other works. We will enlighten you about what to do in the course of this write-up.
What is a color profile?
It is a set of information that gives instruction to the computer system on how the colors in a graphic work should appear on your screen. You will only be able to see the colors as they are intended by the manufacturer provided you are viewing that color or graphic work using the right device for which it is intended, like scanners, printers, cameras and monitors.
Windows 10 displays colors in the most interesting manners in an attempt to make them look just perfect when viewed on Windows 10 operating systems. The viewer may experience the problem of inaccuracy in colors if the computer is not properly configured using the correct color profile. At times, the problem may include the colors looking washed out or off on the screen.
How to carry out proper color management in Windows 10
In order to ensure proper colors management in Windows 10, you need to find the right colors profile on that computer. The manufacturer will normally include the right color in the driver on that disk included with your monitor, which are described as ICC or ICM files.
You can easily extract the installed colors profile from the disk using the disk drive if you have it.
If you do not have the disk, on the other hand, you can download the ICC or ICM files from the website of the manufacturer. If you are looking for the right color profiles for your monitor, you can simply follow the steps described below:
- Visit the support website of the monitor’s manufacturer. Many of the popular monitor manufacturers have support websites, including BenQ, Acer, ASUS, LG, Samsung, HP and eleven Dell. Consequently, accessing their websites should not be difficult.
- When you are on the website, find your way to the download section of the website.
- Next, you can search for the latest driver for your monitor using the model number on the monitor.
- When you find it, download the package to your computer. The package will usually be saved using thee .zip or the .exe file extension.
- Afterward, you can double click the file that you have downloaded.
- You will be shown a direction on how to extract the content of the file on your screen; just follow the said series of instructions to the letter.
- Then open the folder and look for the .icm file in it among the other files. The .icm file will take the color profile of your monitor.
- After completing the steps highlighted above, you can then go ahead to install the correct profile on your monitor.
Steps on how to install the right color profile for your computer
After you have downloaded and extracted the files described above, you should get it installed on your computer and you can get the installation done using Colors Management tool. The steps below will guide you on how to get the installation done:
- Navigate to the Start Menu on your Windows 10 computer. Click on the Start menu
- Then look for Color Management and click to open it.
- Next, click on the devices tab.
- A drop-down menu will open. Look for the monitor for which you want to install the right color profile. If you are having a multi-monitor setup and unsure about the particular monitor that you want to update, you can simply click on Identify Monitors button to pick the right monitor.
- Next, you should check the box against Use my settings for this device.
- Then click on Add button.
- You should then navigate to the Associated Color Profile page and click on the Browse button.
- Navigate to the folder that contains the profile you earlier extracted and then double click on the .icm file to get the new colors profile installed on your monitor.
- Next, click on the Close button to conclude the installation.
You will undoubtedly notice a small colors change on your monitor after you have completed the steps highlighted above. This is the expected result because of the new instruction you just gave to the system that it should use an entirely different profile for color display.
In Windows 10, you can follow the steps below to reset your color profile using Colors Management
- Open the Start menu.
- Search for Color Management and then click on the top results to open it.
- Look for Devices and open it.
- Next, click on Profile.
- A drop-down menu will come up after clicking on Device, look for the monitor that you want to reset on the drop-down menu.
- Next, click on Reset my settings to the system defaults.
After you have done this, the monitor that you select will go back to its original or default color profile settings.
Color Management tool will allow you to manually set up your custom color profiles. Be that as it may, bear in mind that monitors and devices that run on Windows 10 will commonly install the colors profile recommended during the initial setup process and this is done automatically.
As a result, you will never have to go through the Color Management tool manual process to set up the colors profile most times.