Paint is one of the most important features in Windows 10 and it can be used for creating drawings of different kinds. The program will provide you with an open or blank page on which you can draw a freehand or use various symbols and shapes. The program equally enables you to draw inside an existing picture if you so desire. Furthermore, you can download and copy images of different types on the blank page and edit it the way you like.
In this write-up, we will show you a couple of things that you can accomplish via Paint and also enlighten you about how to use it, as well as, how to locate it.
How you can open Paint in Windows 10
The process of opening Paint in Windows 10 is almost similar to the processes involved in opening this app on virtually any other version of Windows. You can open Paint on Windows 10 using various methods and we will discuss some of the methods below.
- How to open paint via Cortana Search: This is one of the commonest methods of opening Paint out there today and it is used by many individuals. This method is straightforward; you only need to type Paint in the search box that you can find on your taskbar after which you should press enter and the Paint application will come up instantly.
- How to open paint via Run: This method is equally popular all you have to do is to press letter R and the Window logo together at the same time and this will open the Run box. After that, type MSPaint in the Run box and press Enter. It will automatically bring up the Paint App.
- How to open paint from your Start Menu: Another way to open it is via the Start Menu. This is also a pretty straightforward method. All you have to do is to navigate to the Start Menu with your mouse and click on it. Search for Windows Accessories in the menu that comes up and clicks on it. It will open All Apps. Look for Paint link and open it.
To make it very easy o access it any time you want to use it, simply pin it to your Start menu or your taskbar. This is very important if you will be using the application frequently.
Tips on using the Paint App for creating and editing images
The paint application permits freehand drawing and also makes it possible to draw images via other methods. You can pick any of the boxes or even import an image to the blank space of the paint app.
The app will provide you with various tools that can be used for creating and editing any image that you are working with on the app. The various tips for creating and editing images on the paint app will be highlighted below.
How to create a drawing in Paint
As hinted earlier, Paint will present you with various tools that can be used in creating images. The particular tool you prefer, as well as, the options that you select can determine how the lines on your images appear on the blank space in the drawing.
- First of all, launch the paint application using any of the methods described earlier.
- Next, navigate to the Home tab and click on Tools, then pick the Pencil tool.
- Afterward, visit the Color group and click on Color 1, after which you can click on any color of your choice.
- You can then drag the pointer in the picture to start drawing.
- Next, you can right-click while dragging the pointer to draw using Color 2.
How to edit an image
You can use the Paint App to add different kinds of shapes in a picture. If you like, you can even add any message or text that you like to the picture.
We will highlight below how you can take a screenshot and also crop any picture in the Paint App:
- First of all, you should open the window or page that you want to print the screen.
- Next, you should press down the Print Screen key and Windows logo together at the same time.
- Next, open the Paint App and press down the letter V and Ctrl together; this will past the image to the Paint App window.
- You can then pick the Crop tool to crop the image that you have copied. At the end of the cropping, only the selected part will remain in the picture.
Drawing and erasing
First of all, you need to review the toolbar located at the top of the Paint window.
This is where you will find the various options that are used in interacting with the Paint App canvas. Next, you should pick a primary color in the palette. It is located in the top-right side of the Paint Application window. Then, apply it to the box for Color 1.
This represents the color that you will have to use when using the left button of your mouse on the canvas. You can also easily create any custom color by clicking on Edit colors, which you can find in the upper-right corner of the Paint window. Then pick any shade and color that you prefer to use in the color wheel provided. After that, click Ok.
Next, you should pick the secondary color to use and add it to the Color 2 box, which you can find on the left side of the color palette. You can activate the secondary color with the right button of the mouse on the Paint App canvas.
After that, you should select the brush type that you prefer by clicking on Brushes option. You can find iton the top of the window.
Click on the particular type of brush that you want to use. This will determine how big the size, width, and shape of the paintings are.
Do you just want to draw a regular free-form line? You can simply use the pencil-shaped icon, which you can easily find in the Tools section.