If you discover that your Bluetooth audio device and wireless displays are not connecting in your windows 10 computer, don’t worry. This is a common problem and resolving it should not be that difficult.
In fact, you will rarely need the intervention of any professional to help with the resolution of this problem as it is simple enough for you to handle right there in the comfort of your home.
It does not matter if you are not a tech-person; you can still get the fault fixed. The information we will give you in this write-up will take you by the hand and guide you step by step on how to get the fault repaired without any issue whatsoever.
Causes of the problem
Two factors can be responsible for the issue of your Bluetooth audio devices and wireless displays not connecting on your Windows 10 computer and these two issues are below:
- The problem will come up if you have not turned on the Bluetooth function in your windows 10 computer.
- It will also occur if the Bluetooth drivers on your computer and not compatible to the one on the Bluetooth audio device that you want to connect.
How to resolve the problem
The steps below will help you to resolve the problem without any ado.
- First of all, navigate to the search menu of your computer and type “Services” in the search tool.
- In Windows 10, click on the Windows search menu and then type “Service” in the space provided.
- You can find this at the left bottom corner of the desktop. After doing that, a dialogue box will come up and you will see the word “Services” as one of the items that come up.
- All you have to do is to click on the item “Service” to proceed with the resolution of the Bluetooth connection problem.
- You can also locate “Service” by clicking on the Computer icon on your desktop and navigating to Programs.
- You will see “Services” under “Programs” and you can simply click on it to continue.
- The next thing to do is to locate the Bluetooth Support Services after you have clicked on “Services”.
- After clicking on Services, you will see a dialog box coming up and it will show you a big lift of items.
- Next, look for “Bluetooth Support Services” among the various items that come up. Place the cursor of your mouse on this particular item and click on it.
- The items on the big list that show up are arranged in alphabetical order.
- As a result, it will not be difficult to locate “Bluetooth Support Services” among the various items that show up.
- All you have to do is to go to the aspect of items that start with letter B to locate the item of interest.
- After you have clicked on the Bluetooth Support Services in the big list that showed up as described in the previous step, a dialogue box will also open up.
- It will be showing a list of items like Start, All Tasks, Refresh, Properties, Help and so on.
- We are only interested in Properties among the list of items that show up on the dialogue box.
- So, the next thing to do after the dialogue box shows up is to click on “Properties”. Take note that you can only access the dialogue box when you right-click on the Bluetooth Support Services.
- So, you should not make the mistake of left-clicking on it.
- If you left-click on it, your action will automatically start the Bluetooth Support Services, which is not what we are interested in as of now.
- After you have clicked on Properties, another dialogue box will open up on your computer.
- In this new dialogue box, view Startup Type. You will find tabs for General, Log On, Recovery and Dependencies on this new dialogue box.
- You will find the Startup type under the tab for General.
- Startup type is located above Service status and below Service name, Display name, Description and Path to execute.
- Once you locate Startup type, you should click on the drop-down menu located in front of it and some items, like Automatic, Manual and Disabled will come up.
- You are to click on Automatic to proceed to the next stage in resolving the Bluetooth device connection problem.
- After you have selected Automatic as described above, you can then click on Apply. Take note that the Apply tab will be inactive until you make your selection of Startup type.
- After selecting Automatic, the Apply tab will be active and you can click on it to apply your selection.
- Then, after clicking on Apply, you can then proceed to click on OK. After clicking on OK, you are now free to close all the windows and dialogue boxes.
- You should then restart your computer after closing all the windows and dialogue boxes.
- By the time the computer comes up again, the Bluetooth audio devices connection problem would have been resolved.
The steps provided above should help you to resolve the problem. So your Bluetooth audio devices and wireless displays should work perfectly on your Windows 10 computer now.
If after you have followed the steps above you realize that the problem is yet to be resolved, it is time to get in touch with a professional for the instant repair of the problem. You can also check the official help here.
Make sure you only contact reliable professionals that can help fix the issue without any problem.
If you have recently bought the laptop and it is still under warranty, you can simply return it to the outlet where you purchase it. There, their technicians will help out, provided you have not breached the warranty agreement.
If the warranty period has passed, on the other hand, make sure you only give your computer to a reliable technician. One that can help resolve the issue effectively.
You can read reviews about the technicians before you patronize them. This will help you to make the right choice among the technicians in your locality.